Our Logistics department is in search of a Freight Handler to join our team. You will be primarily responsible for packing, loading, and unloading goods. Besides, you should be able to coordinate the freight movement and ensure it reaches destinations on time. You should also be able to maintain an accurate record of all the daily activities.
As a Freight Handler, you should use lifting machinery to move goods and ensure the equipment remains in proper working order. Moreover, you should conduct timely inventory inspections and update its details in the inventory system.
To perform in this job role, you should be physically fit and able to lift heavy loads. Furthermore, you should be able to work at long and flexible schedules. You should also have knowledge of the safety protocols and maintain adherence to it at all times.
If you can ensure efficient freight handling practices, then do get in touch with us. We would like to have you onboard.
- Assisting with loading and unloading of goods
- Stacking the packages in the store room and categorizing them using boards
- Coordinating and ensuring timely movement of freight with other team members
- Preparing and documenting freight details
- Examining whether the details mentioned on the label and box contents match
- Using heavy machinery such as forklifts and pallet jacks to move freight
- Packing freight using padding to avoid any damage
- Checking and adhering to the freight weight restrictions
- Maintaining a detailed and accurate record of the daily activities
- Conducting regular inspections of freight handling equipment
- Adhering to the health and safety protocols at all times
- Updating and maintaining a record of every shipment in the inventory system
- Managing daily incoming and outgoing freight
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven work experience as a Freight Handler or a similar role in the Logistics industry
- Familiarity with lifting machinery like forklift, winch, and crane
- Knowledge of the standard national and international freight charges
- Understanding of the health and safety regulations
- Ability to lift and carry heavy loads
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work for long and flexible hours
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated individual
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively